The Senior Manager, Staff Counsel ensures Asurion maintains ongoing compliance with laws and regulations governing the licensing of portable electronic insurance, service contracts, and ancillary products and services in all jurisdictions in which Asurion conducts business. The Senior Manager, Staff Counsel will assist in directing, coaching, and mentoring Asurion colleagues across departments who work collaboratively with the Regulatory team to provide compliant solutions to business and program questions and enforce company policies and procedures. The Senior Manager, Staff Counsel will oversee a large team of experienced licensing professionals.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader, with excellent issue spotting, problem-solving and decision-making skills, strong time management, and may have some experience in insurance and technology industries and/or has a minimum of 5 years of in-house experience.
- Ensure Asurion complies with all state licensing requirements
- Has experience in or the ability to manage people
- Review consistency between licensing requirements and internal practices
- Partner with product team to advise on and facilitate the launch of new products
- Supervise, guide, train, and monitor licensing compliance
- Communicate and consult with departments of insurance and secretary of state personnel
- Work with the claims handling and frontline groups to ensure proper licensing
- Analyze and stay current with state and federal laws and regulations for insurance, service contract, and consumer protection requirements
- Implements and oversees compliance requirements, policies, and practices.
- Conduct in-depth and ad-hoc research projects
- Have functional understanding of the company’s risk profile and the impact of product decisions on the company’s core financial performance
- Actively seek operational understanding and implications of initiatives
- Develops thorough understanding of Asurion’s business, processes, and goals to provide innovative legal solutions that solve unique or challenging problems.
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school and admission to the bar
- 5+ years of previous experience in progressively more responsible compliance roles within a regulated industry
- Experience working with state or local licensing personnel and processes
- Experience leading a team
- Prior experience working with technology in a regulated industry preferred; fluency with technology required
- Aptitude and motivation for staying current with regulatory changes in insurance, service contract, and consumer protection regulations
- Able to spot regulatory issues and take steps to resolve them
- Able to understand detailed documents and effectively communicate information to others
- Demonstrate sound judgment and ability to strategize and plan initiatives that enhance the company’s ability to deliver compliant products and programs to meet client needs
- Able to keep multiple projects and initiatives organized and moving forward in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Professional interpersonal and organizational skills, and experience at communicating with colleagues at various levels of the organization (support functions to executive team)
- Able to work well within a team environment, as well as individually and collaborate effectively
- Success working independently with little supervision while delivering results that meet or exceed expectations
- Must be highly proficient with full Microsoft suite; familiarity with O365 a plus
- Knowledge of state and federal insurance, service contract, and consumer protection regulations a plus
- Occasional travel