What We Do
The Publicity Committee, which is led by the ACC Chicago Marketing Director, is essentially the PR arm of ACC Chicago. Its goal is to increase awareness of ACC Chicago through advertising, marketing and social media and everything in between. More specifically, this Committee engages in the following activities:
• Event Promotion. Promotes ACC Chicago news and events, including CLE programs, networking events, sponsor events, new member events, and member appreciation events.
• Promotional Marketing/Publicity Materials. Promotes the ACC Chicago brand by creating print and online advertisements, as well as other marketing materials showcasing the benefits of ACC and ACC Chicago membership.
• Volunteerism and Membership Promotion. Promotes volunteer opportunities and recruitment of new members, through the website and at events, and collects volunteer interest information to match member skills to specific ACC Chicago committees.
• Social Media Networks. Promotes ACC Chicago news and events through ACC Chicago’s multiple social media accounts (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn). These activities are managed by the Social Media Subcommittee.
Who We Are
The Publicity Committee consists of one Chairperson and several Publicity Committee members. In addition, there is a Social Media Subcommittee, which consists of one Chairperson and several subcommittee members.
Opportunities to Get Involved
There are many opportunities for additional Publicity Committee members/volunteers, including:
• Designing and drafting the monthly Chicago Lawyer magazine advertisements;
• Assisting with ACC Chicago submissions to the ACC Docket;
• Attending ACC Chicago events to hand out marketing materials and to promote ACC Chicago membership; and
• Assisting the Social Media Subcommittee with regular social media network updates on ACC Chicago news and events.