D.R. Horton, Inc. – “America’s Builder” – Associate Counsel, Florida and Mid-Atlantic Region
Nation's largest homebuilder seeks experienced real estate attorney to assist Region General Counsel in the drafting, negotiation, and closing of complex land/lot transactions throughout its fast-growing Florida and Mid-Atlantic Regions. Responsibilities will include supervision of real estate matters, including review of purchase and sale agreements, financing/security documents, title and survey, as well as miscellaneous corporate issues. This is a rare opportunity to join the growing homebuilding sector, interest is high, and we expect to begin interviews quickly, so please do not hesitate to apply.
- Juris Doctorate from a regionally-accredited law school.
- Must be licensed to practice in Florida, or if licensed in another state, must be able to obtain admission to practice in Florida within one year of hire.
- Substantial or progressive legal experience practicing law and supervising legal professionals for approximately 5 to 10 years, with heavy emphasis on complex real estate transactions (including the drafting, review and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, financing/security documents, and title and survey review). (Strong candidates with less than 5 years' experience will be considered.)
- A team player who has the ability to interact with people at all levels of the company, and independently handle the miscellaneous issues that arise in a public homebuilding business.
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to Tampa area.
- Strong academics. Law review preferred.
- Major law firm experience.
- Significant experience representing homebuilders or similar real estate developers.
- Experience handling real estate transactions in some or all of the following states: Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
- In-house counsel experience.
- Willingness to travel (approx. once per quarter)